If you are thinking about surprising a special person, a romantic picnic can be a great option. It’s a different idea for those who are trying out new things on Valentine’s Day, due to this isolation scenario that we are going through and the many restrictions regarding tours and places.
So, because of that, we brought you some tips on how to prepare a romantic picnic to enjoy this moment together. We’ve selected some ideas for dates during the day, at night and even without leaving your own room.
During daytime and outdoors
Choosing to have a romantic picnic outdoors and during daytime is the most accomplished and traditional idea. It can happen in a park, in farms or even on a beach, and I’m sure it will please your loved one.
Therefore, we have chosen some practical tips on how to organize a picnic for this occasion:
- Choose a location: the choice of location is really important. Despite it happening outdoors, try to look for a place that is also comfortable. It’s important to check if the location has a lot of weeds or insects, for example, since this can put an end to the moment. Another important factor is to check the weather forecast for that location, since it’s outdoors, and, if it’s supposed to rain, it’s better to postpone the date.
- Objects and utensils: get some essential utensils for a picnic, such as: a basket, a towel to be placed on the ground and to cover the food, thermal bag, glasses, plates and cutlery. If you want to bring cushions to provide you more comfort, that’s an excellent idea. In addition to that, you can buy some special decorations, such as balloons and roses, and even brings a portable speaker to set the mood.
- Food and beverage: Since it’s daytime and outdoors, choose some lighter meals and ones that are also easy to take to the picnic. Natural sandwiches, fruits and cheeses might be a great option. You can also prepare fingers foods – foods that you can eat using your hand –, which, besides being delicious, are also easy to manage and don’t require cutlery and plates. Regarding drinks, juices and iced teas are great options. In case you want to, you can opt for a sparkling wine or a lighter white wine.
- Comfortable clothing: always wear lighter and comfortable clothes, preferably sneakers, in case you need to walk a little bit more. Don’t forget that, when there is sun exposure, it’s essential for you to use sunscreen, caps and repellents.
Romantic picnic – At night
At night or in the late afternoon can be very romantic options for a picnic. The general preparations end up being very similar to the preparations for a daytime picnic.
But it is always important to emphasize that you should look for a comfortable place with a beautiful view, because these details can make all the difference. Also make some neat decoration, with candles and flowers in order to give a grant a special touch.
As for food, you can use the same tips regarding a traditional picnic. Choose simple options, such as snacks and cheeses and a good wine to go along. Remember to wear comfortable and light clothing, but it is nice to bring a blanket or a small blanket in case it gets cold.
Romantic picnic – At home
Due to the situation we are going through, in which we ended up being forced to stay at home much longer than we had previously been, it gets almost impossible for relationships not to suffer some disruptions as a result of the routine and the worry about everything that is happening.
Thus, a romantic picnic, even at home, can be essential to cause a romantic mood and restore any relationship.
All of this alongside the comfort that only our home offers to us is wonderful. Let’s check out some tips for this moment:
- Prepare yourself for the moment: Take a day off for yourselves, in order to be alone. In case you have children, ask for someone’s help, so you can be more at ease.
- Special clothing: Take off your pajamas and dress accordingly to a date. In case you like it, do some makeup and wear cologne.
- Keep the lighter and simpler foods option: it’s easier to prepare and manage them. Wines and sparkling wines are always good romantic options.
- Decorate the place: A neat decoration will even make you forget where you are. Use candles, balloons and roses, which will give an extra charm for the occasion. A romantic song also helps to set the mood.
So now that you’ve read all these wonderful tips, how about planning a very romantic picnic with your special someone today? Enjoy and go all in!